Ever since I'm a tutor, I've been trying to find the killer app for calculator - that one calculator app that will kill all calculator apps. My requirements are:
1. Scientific calculator with log, ln, sin, e^ options
2. Able to plot graphs and do graphing manipulations like intersections
3. Able to do statistical calculations like permutations, combinations, binompdf, normcdpf, inversenorm etc
4. Financial calculations (optional)
Usually most calculators can do (1), as long as they are scientific calculators and not those accounting ones with only + - x /. I also don't need any financial calculations but that is good to have. The hardest is to find one single app that can do (2) and (3). I did find one, but the interface is not intuitive, because you have to remember the arguments of the function. Still okay, workable, but I had to have 2 calculator functions. One serves as my normal working scientific calculator but without graphical or statistical functions. The other one serves only to plot graphs and do statistical calculations.
Imagine my delight when I found the killer app - Wabbitemu!
This is the emulator of the graphic calculator that IP/IB/A lvl students use for their math course! It's really fantastic because it combines all the functions (1) to (4) into one single solid killer app.
1. To load any file to your calculator, you need to first download it to your SD card or internal storage on your device. You can find the link for the various apps here.
2. Open wabbitemu, swipe from the left edge of the screen to bring up the menu, and select LOAD FILE
3. Select the file that you just downloaded and the file will be sent to your calculator. Apps for the 83+ and 84+ calcs will end in *.8xk. Apps for the 84+CSE will end in *.8ck or *.8xk.
This killer calculator app will be so useful for my work. And it also saves me a couple of hundreds because I'm using the Ti-84 coloured edition, which is faster and more intuitive to use than my Ti-84 plus.